Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rebates, Freebies, and a nasty cold!!!

Yes, a nasty cold but I could not let these free deals pass me by! Plus, it was really cool to show my sister what all I could buy with so little money!! I am accomplishing one of two things with her: 1) She is excited and will jump on the coupon train with me, or 2) She will never want to go shopping with me again....time will tell!

Walgreen's was our first stop. I bought :

3 jars of Peter Pan Peanut Butter
On Sale 3/$5
I had a manufacturer's coupon for EACH jar, total of $2.50 off = $2.50

1 Jane be Pure Mineral Powder
On Sale for $4.99
I had a manufacturer's coupon for $2 off, and $3 in Walgreen's Register Rewards=FREE

1 Pack of Trident Extra Care Gum
On Sale for $.99
Had a Manufacturer's Coupon for $.75 off = $.24

1 Package of Walgreen's 4-pack Lightbulbs
$1.99

My total with tax $5.39 !

I saved $16.22!!

But here is the coolest part: This morning I submitted by Walgreen's Easy Saver Rebate form and I will receive a rebate check for $10.77! So all that wonderful stuff (that we will use) will be FREE!!!! Plus we made a few bucks.

You see, the Jane be Pure Powder and the light bulbs were FREE after rebate. On a previous trip I also bought Pert Plus which is FREE when you submit the rebate form. AND you can use a manufacturer's coupon at time of purchase and STILL receive the FREE rebate. Isn't that so cool ?!?

Next Stop: Rite Aid

This was a quick stop because I only needed one item. Pert Plus (again). Why? You guessed it, REBATE. Rite Aid has what they call Single Rebate Check (SCR).

Pert Plus was on sale for $2.99.
I had a manufacturer's coupon for $2.00 off.
My total with tax was $1.20
PLUS I submitted the SCR online form for a $2.00 REBATE. That's $.80 profit, not to mention the FREE shampoo.

Last stop: Wal-Mart
No, they don't have a rebate form--but they do have the cheapest price on Kool-Aid. Do you know why that is so important? Let me enlighten you:

I had the following coupons:
1 FREE 16 oz. Kraft Dressing
1 FREE canister of Crystal Light
1 FREE 16 oz. pkg. of Kraft Cheese Singles
1 FREE pkg. of Oscar Mayer Hotdogs

The catch: For EACH coupon, you had to purchase 3 Kraft products. Guess what? Kool-Aid is a Kraft product. Did you know that, neither did I until I was reading another great blog,
Justine's Grocery Brags.

Kool-Aid at my local Wal-Mart is 5/$1.00. I had to buy 12 to get the deal. Glad my hubby likes Kool-Aid. So for $2.40 I got 12 packs of Kool-Aid AND the 4 items above FREE!!!

That was my awesome shopping trip of the day. Remember there are a lot of "great" deals out there, but if you don't use the items, I don't recommend buying them just so you can say you found a fabulous find. These were all items we will use.

In closing, let me say that my sweet sister did stop by another Rite-Aid for me so that I could run-in and get something for that nasty cold, because after all that shopping I wasn't feeling too fabulous! Thank God, I feel much better today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You, my friend, are an absolute Genius! Who would have ever thought about kool-aid being a Kraft product!
:-)
Love you!
Misty

Tara said...

Thanks for the comment! My VERY FIRST comment. YAY!!

I did learn that from someone else. But you can go to the Kraft site and it lists all their products. Thanks again, to Justine at justgrocerybrags.blogspot.com for sharing the Kraft idea.

JusFrugal said...

Thanks for the "love" Tara, glad you are enjoying my blog! Looks like you got some great deals too!

JusFrugal said...

Congrats! You won the coupons! Send me an email with your address so I can pop them in the mail tomorrow!!