Saturday, January 24, 2009

Faith Friday (on Saturday)

Have you ever seen the e-mail that talks about the number of books in the bible and how Psalm 118:8 is the center of the bible? I never get tired of getting that email because it reminds me of how awesome God is and how important it is to be in the center of HIS will.

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about how much faith or trust we will put into the people around us (our friends) and even the closest ones let us down many times. This isn't because they are bad people or intentionally want to harm or hurt us (our feelings). I think it comes down to the center of God's word, this is what Psalm 118:8 says, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

If we are all honest with ourselves, we have been on both sides of the fence when it comes to confidence in others--we have been hurt and we have hurt--we have lost confidence in others and they have sadly lost it in us. For myself, I want to learn to put more confidence in my most fabulous find, Jesus Christ. I am praying that Jesus will help me to encourage others to put more trust in HIM than in me or others around them.

...Maybe this makes sense. I just know how easy it is to go to our friends and ask for advice, because we trust them, we love them and they love us. However, sometimes the best advice I think we can give is to point them to Jesus in love, to earnestly pray for them, and to keep their prayer requests confidential. Don't let their prayer request turn into an opportunity for gossip just by sharing it with one person then that person shares it with another person and before you know it, everyone knows and then... OOPS! there goes that confidence in man going out the window. See what I mean?? It all starts SO small and can quickly grow into something huge.

(Nothing or no one in mind when I am making this post. No one has hurt me or my feelings. These are just the thoughts I have been having lately and since this is my blog, I thought I would share them.)

Blessings to you all,
Tara

No comments: