Friday, October 8, 2010

Fabulous Find: Hahira Honeybee Festival

The Hahira Honeybee Festival is here and excitement is in the air! Having grown up in South Georgia, I remember looking forward with anticipation to the Street Dance which was once a part of the festivities. It was always good, clean fun and has provided me with lots of fond memories.

Unfortunately, the dance is no longer part of the festival BUT there is still SO much for families to do. Tomorrow is one of my favorite parts of the festival-- an array of Arts & Crafts booths, food concessions, a 5K run, a bike ride, cloggers, a Kid's Zone, and even a dog show.

Bling Fling will be one of the vendors tomorrow. Bling Fling is an accessory and jewelry business owned and operated by Maranda Douglas. She carries over 100 different styles and all items are $10.00 or less. You can also find "Bling Fling" on Facebook.

Another booth close to my heart will be my Aunt Charlene's booth. She has embroidered bags and is doing something very close to my heart. November will be a year that my Aunt Hazel lost her battle to breast cancer. Aunt Charlene has bags with the Pink Cancer Ribbon embroidered on them and she can add "In Memory Of" and a name of your special lost loved one. She is graciously donating all proceeds from these bags to The American Cancer Society.

If you have some down time tomorrow, I hope you will head on over to Hahira and enjoy all that the Hahira Honeybee Festival has to offer.

No comments: