Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Week Left

This time next week I will be racing to get everything done before heading out for the Peru Mission Trip. We will leave next Thursday and will return the following Friday. We may have access to the internet, but I don't know if I will access it or not.

This week and past weekend have been all about spending time with some of my most fabulous finds: MY WONDERFUL FAMILY and FRIENDS!! Oh how I will MISS them. The thought has consumed me the past few days. However, today me and Jesus had a conversation about just how much I desire to go on this trip AND how much I desire to come back ALIVE and IN ONE PIECE--the same way I left (physically), now emotionally--that will be a different story.

I am so excited about this trip, but I was telling Jesus earlier that this has to be for HIS glory. I don't want to just be able to say, "I went on a mission trip."

I want to be able to say, " I went on a mission trip and HELPED people. I SAW lives CHANGED. I held sweet children, and while their lives were touched, they touched mine in ways that I will never be able to explain and they will never comprehend."

The Lord knows that this is uncharted territory for me. I know from all the ways he has provided for this trip, that it is HIS plan for me to be out of my comfort zone and that HE will take care of ME and EVERYONE ELSE that is going to be with me. Keep us in your prayers please.

Once I get back to normal, I will start posting again about my fabulous store finds. Take care!

BLESSINGS from the BOTTOM of MY HEART!!

Tara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it to Peru alright! Take care of yourself and enjoy God's blessings while you are there! You will see things you have never seen before I am sure! Love you