Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Great Deals at Publix and CVS

CVS
Eight-roll Viva, my favorite paper towels, are on-sale at CVS this week. I bought one pack for $7.99 and earned $2.00 in Extra Bucks!! Making my total $5.99 or 74 cents a roll.

I also went back to CVS and took them up on their offer for a $25 gift card. You have to have a new or transferred prescription to take part. I had a new prescription for my daughter. It was $11 and some change--so I made another $13 dollars--plus the prescription was free when you account for the gift card!! What will I use the gift card for?? I will let you know.

Publix
I had fun in Publix. My local Publix accepts competitor coupons and I had a coupon from Winn-Dixie for $10 off $50. I tried to use this wisely.

My receipt breaks down the savings as follows:
Store Coupon (the Winn-Dixie coupon): $10.00
Vendor Coupon: $10.69
Advertised Special Savings: $19.85
Advantage Buy Savings: $2.40
YOUR TOTAL SAVINGS AT PUBLIX: $42.94

My grand total (out of pocket) for this trip was $37.90.
I SAVED more than I SPENT!! YAY!!

A FEW OTHER FABULOUS FINDS FROM PUBLIX
* Birds Eye Voila was BOGO. I needed 2 more in order to qualify for another FREE Charlie Brown DVD.
*Kellogg's Smart Start was $3.99 and I had a $1.00 coupon. The BEST part: This is another one of those cereals that is labeled TRY FOR FREE. I will send in the rebate and receive $3.99 back. That is a $1.00 profit!!
*Rembrandt Toothpaste was advantage buy for $5.99 AND I had a coupon that made it FREE. I made sure to buy that in this trip so it would count towards the $50 I needed in order to use the $10 off $50 coupon.
*Kraft Mac N Cheese was on sale 50 cents a box--limit 4. I saved 75 cents on each box!

SPLURGE OF THE WEEK
My husband NEVER requests anything specific from the grocery store, he is EASY to please when it comes to food. Thank God!! However, he did send me a cute text simply saying, "How about some fried green tomatoes?" He is a joker so I replied, "What? For dinner."

SO...I did splurge on the fried green tomatoes and the Whistle Stop mix to go with them. They were YUMMY and my hubby was HAPPY so it was well worth the extra $$ spent.

That is all the shopping I did this week.

Blessings,
Tara

No comments: