Friday, March 6, 2009

$467.43 in clothing for ONLY $37.10

Don't panic and run to the vision store just yet, you are reading this correctly. Monday my Pastor's brother came to the office (I work part-time at my church) and he had a slew of very nice dress shirts from JC Penney's and at a price I LOVE: $2.97 each.

After work my sister, Anna joined me for one of the funniest shopping trips in a VERY long time. For those of you who don't know, my husband is 6'5" and skinny compare that to my 5 feet even and you can really get a laugh. Anywhoo...we have the hardest time finding dress shirts for him but JC Penney's has the best selection of "Tall" shirts so I was really hoping we would find a few of those $2.97 deals and find them, we did.

We found 4 very nice Van Huesen Wrinkle Free shirts, each originally priced at $50.00; however, they were all $2.97 each. My sister found him a long sleeve Dri-Fit shirt which will come in handy for all the softball we play at church, originally priced $30.00 marked down to $2.97 and we found a Braves Player Tee originally $25.00, you guessed it $2.97.

After stocking-up my hubby, we decided to walk the perimeter of the store on the prowl for little green square signs with these fabulous numbers in bright yellow: $2.97, $3.97, and $4.97.

My sister found a beautiful halter dress originally marked $60.00 on the $4.97 rack. This is added in my total because I bought it for her since she was so sweet to join me and she shared her Beijing Cafe lunch with me (the best Chinese in Valdosta, BTW).

Continuing on, I got an Arizona brand hoodie sweater (very nice), not for the original price of $42.00 but yep, $2.97 and two Ana Brand shirts, priced from $36.00 each to the low, low price of $2.97 each.

Tax and all: $37.10

Moral of the story: Obviously, JC Penney in Valdosta is having a GREAT sale!! Make it easy on yourself and walk the perimeter of the store searching for those signs AND do it with a relative or close friend. Saving was great but spending time and having fun with a loved one was the most fabulous part!!

Note: If you have a JC Penney credit card, you also have the opportunity for additional savings at checkout.

Blessings,
Tara

No comments: