Monday, May 11, 2009

Fabulous Finds at Valdosta Mall

My daughter and I did some mommy and me shopping today and we had a blast!! We were on the prowl for some shorts for her long legs, bless her heart. We ended up in Sears and in addition to finding shorts 2 for $10, we also found a lot of clearance. She fell in love with this really cute sundress that was marked down to $10.

And of course a dress isn't a dress unless you have the shoes to match, right ladies? Well, if you know my daughter then you know she has a true addiction to flip flops (and tank tops) so we headed to Old Navy and took advantage of the 2 for $5 deal on flip flops. She got a black pair by mom's choosing and then a blue pair by her choosing, after all her 2 favorite colors right now are blue and black so that worked out well for her.

In addition to all this fun, we got her ears pierced at Piercing Pagoda. They were offering free ear piercing with the purchase of the earrings. She picked out cute blue studs, I told her that they wouldn't match everything but you know when a girl has her mind set, she has it set so blue it was.

This was a wonderful afternoon for me and not just because we found some fabulous finds but because God allowed me to spend quality time with my daughter. In church yesterday, one mother said something like this, "I am looking today at my only child and thinking that I could not have done what God did. I could not have given my only child's life so that others could live." How true, God did an amazing thing when He let his ONLY child die for our sins! I hope that I will never take that for granted.

So if it has been awhile since you spent ample time with someone that is special to you, then I encourage you to take some time and do that. We are never guaranteed another day.

Tara

No comments: