Monday, August 3, 2009

Compare, Compare, Compare

I just did a post about the great deal on Lysol Wipes at Dollar General and that is a great deal, but you should always compare weekly ads if you are serious about saving cash...and this is an example of why....

While at Dollar General picking up the Lysol Wipes, naturally I browsed the store and the ad to determine if there were any other fabulous finds I didn't want to miss. Well, I ALMOST purchased the Pop Tarts that were $1.50 a box and the Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks that were 2/$4.00 BUT I remembered the Publix ad for this week.....Pop Tarts and Fruit Snacks are BOGO.

That would make the Pop Tarts $1.19 a box and the fruit snacks $1.36 PLUS any coupons that you may have. Yes, I realize that is a 31 cent difference on the Pop Tarts and 64 cents a box difference on the fruit snacks BUT if you buy several or when you add in your coupons the difference does add up to savings. Granted, if I didn't plan to go to Publix and I needed either of these items I would have purchased them before I would have wasted gas just to go to the other side of town but I plan to go to Publix for weekly shopping so I will hold off on those items until I can get to Publix and save my 31 cents and my 64 cents!! LOL!!!

No comments: