Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Publix Trip using Gift Cards from Kraft Rebate

I told you last week that I received the (3) $10 Publix gift cards from the Kraft rebate. Well, I used them today and thought I would share my savings with you. This wasn't my weekly grocery shopping. We have been using some of the items in our stockpile this week. However, I wanted to get a few items that were on sale and that I of course had coupons for. I will just list the items that I saved on, the others were produce items like peppers, mushrooms, etc.

First, I took advantage of the Buy Theirs Get Ours Free items on the Graham Crackers and the Cashews.

Post Honey Bunches of Oats Pecan Bunches--BOGO and I can buy just one at my local Publix
$2.00 minus $2.00 coupon=FREE

Betty Crocker Muffin Mix--BOGO
$2.59 for 2 minus .75 coupon=$1.84 for 2 or 92 cents each

Chex Mix 3 for $5.00--bought 1
$1.67 minus .50 coupon=$1.17

Lays Potato Chips--BOGO
$3.99 for 2 minus $1.00 coupon = $2.99 or $1.49/1.50 each

Welch's Grape Jam
2 for $3.00 (on sale and cheaper than Publix brand)
Of course, now there is an internet coupon available...still a good deal

Pepsi 2 Liters
Buy 2 Get 1 FREE = Saved $1.79 (not really a great deal but no good deals on drinks this week)

Dove Shampoo
On Sale for $2.89 minus $1.00 coupon= $1.89

Cottonelle Bath Tissue
$5.99 minus $1.00 coupon=$4.99

Fiber One Toaster Pastry--BOGO--bought one
$1.15 minus .50 coupon= .65 cents

My total AFTER coupons and sale prices was $53.78 (a savings of $25.03)
THEN they took off the (3) $10 Publix gift cards....

TOTAL OUT of POCKET $23.78

AWESOME!!! That is $55.03 that I didn't have to spend. Thank you LORD...and Kraft and Publix for the awesome rebate/promotion.

"Room for Improvement" Tip: I didn't think of using the Rite Aid coupon that is out this week. I have used the Winn-Dixie and Walgreens coupons numerous times since Publix takes competitor coupons but I just didn't think about Rite Aid since I rarely go there. Thank you to some readers at Fiddledeedee for that tip.

No comments: