Monday, February 16, 2009

Crockpot Sausage Recipe

A few weeks ago I did a post about Menu Planning and I mentioned a sausage recipe. Justine over at Justines Grocery Brags sent me a comment about the recipe so I thought I would share it here with you all.

Ingredients

2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 1/2 lg. yellow onions
1 can tomato paste
4 bay leaves
2 T. basil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. parsley
1 T. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can tomatoes (reserve juice)
2 1/2 pounds sausage

In Crockpot, layer 1/2 onion, then pepper, then sausage, then the remaining onion and peppers.

Place garlic, bay leaves, and basil on top. Then, place tomotoes on top. Mix reserved juice and tomato paste and pour on top.

Set crockpot to LOW for 6 hours.

At last hour, pour parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper on top.

Suggest serving over rice.