Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FREE at Publix

I picked-up Publix's Advantage Buy flier as I entered the store today and happily discovered a coupon for $4.00 off any 2 Aleve, Bayer (and a few others), this was a STORE coupon which means I can also use a MANUFACTURER coupon in conjunction with the store coupon, per the customer service manager. I knew that was good news because I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off. However, I discovered EVEN BETTER news when I reached the pain medicine aisle: 24 count Aleve was on sale for $2.99 and each box had $1.00 manufacturer coupons attached. I decided to use those instead of mine, so let's add this up.

$2.99 (x) 2 boxes = $5.98 minus $4.00 STORE coupon = $1.98 minus (2) $1.00 Manufacturer coupons (1 for each box) = 2 cents profit or FREE!!!

* At my local Publix, the boxes with coupons attached were on the make-up/soap aisle in a white bin.**

This is also very important for another reason that I am sure my coupon buddies will appreciate: I had one of those Winn-Dixie coupons for $10 off of $50 that you can use at Publix so I was able to add the before coupon price ($5.98) to my total in trying to obtain my $50.

NOTE: When you use a coupon like this one, give it to the cashier BEFORE you give them your other coupons. This eliminates the possibility of them telling you that you don't have $50 or whatever the amount may be.

I walked out of Publix with $72.02 of groceries for ONLY $39.53. I saved $34.29!!

******If you haven't checked out this week's Publix BOGO's, tomorrow is the last day of this week's ad. The new ad will begin on Thursday so go online and check out all the good deals. You can click HERE and it will take you directly to the ad.******

No comments: