Friday, February 27, 2009

My husband is taking notes :o)

Here in Title Town, we have this store that my husband just loves: Harbor Freight Tools. I happen to like this store, too. Can you guess why??

They have really good sales, they offer in-store coupons, and when you sign-up for their weekly newsletter they send all these really great coupons, and as my husband found out, when you click on a coupon in the newsletter you may get lucky and receive an additional coupon.

I said all that to relate this cute story to you.

Today, with coupons in tow, my husband took a trip to Harbor Freight and I joined him. He took his time checking out all the great deals and put a few things in the shopping cart that were needed/wanted for his Jeep project. When he was ready to check-out, he politely told the cashier that he had coupons. When one coupon didn't scan correctly, he patiently waited on someone to come and correct the problem. I can not remember the exact amount he saved. I do know he saved $17.00 on ONE item.

This is the part I really enjoyed: When he was loading all his fabulous finds into the truck he said, "Look at all the money I saved."
I said, " I know, I'm not complaining," to which he replied, "I know, I'm just trying to show you that I can be a saver too and use my coupons." :o)

YOU GO BABY!!!

I thought that was great and funny all at the same time. If your man is into tools and the like and there is a Harbor Freight in your area, then make sure he gets on their email list.

No comments: