Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HOORAY...for CVS Extra Bucks!!

With a little planning, I think I fared pretty well today at CVS. Of course, I had to have my CVS Extra Care Card to get the deals. It’s free to get and only takes few minutes.

I needed mascara and toothpaste, so here is how I worked the sales and my coupons to my advantage to get the things I needed, plus some extras I can use. I did 2 transactions so that I could get this to work out right. A little work, but I think you will agree it was worth the deal.

1st Transaction

Covergirl Wetslicks Lipstick was ON SALE for $5.99
Also earned $5.99 Extra Care Bucks (ECB) at the end of the transaction to use on next transaction

Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste ON SALE for $2.99
Had a coupon for $1.50 and earned ECB of $2.00

Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste ON SALE for $2.99
Had a coupon for $1.00 and earned ECB of $2.00

Total of 1st Transaction: $10.31
Total ECB’s Earned this transaction: $9.99
Total Coupon Savings: $2.50
Not to mention, that the same toothpaste was almost $1.00 more each elsewhere

2nd Transaction—this is EXCELLENT!!

Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara ON SALE for $5.99
Neutrogena Lip Shimmer ON SALE for $5.99
Had a coupon for $3.00 off 2 and earned (2) $3.00 ECB’s

Dawn Dishwashing Liquid ON SALE for .99

The BEST Part: I used all the ECB’s from the 1st transaction on this transaction, plus my Neutrogena coupon.

Total of 2nd Transaction: .21 ---YES, 21 cents!!

PLUS, I earned $6.00 more dollars in ECB’s

In my opinion, that is soooooooo awesome!! All that for $10.52!

I also swung by Wal-Mart and picked-up Suave deodorant for 24 cents!
(Had a coupon, of course)

Another quick stop at Publix to get the New Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats Blueberry Muffin cereal. I read somewhere that some of the boxes were offering a REBATE on the purchase price but Publix is the only place I have seen the box with the rebate info. I have to admit that I also had a coupon for this cereal. More FREE money coming my way!

I needed some granola bars for snacks at work. Target has their brand 4/$7 or $1.75 a box. I grabbed a small box that was on sale, but then I looked on the top shelf and they had a BIGGER box of assorted flavors for the SAME price.

FYI: Target also has a deal this week where you buy 4 snacks (certain brands) for $9 and you receive a $5 gift card. You can see the brands HERE.

I think that is about it for now. I did sell an item off of Craigslist today, so that was a blessing! I was also very blessed yesterday (in the grocery store of all places) with a donation/sponsorship towards the mission trip I will be taking in October. Praise be to God—he is my daddy!!

Blessings,

Tara

No comments: