Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Save-A-Lot saved me a L-O-T!!

A great big THANK YOU going out to my wonderful mother this week. She called me on Saturday and told me that Save-A-Lot had chicken legs on sale. The "Sale By" date was Saturday so Save-A-Lot had to sell them or throw them out.

Do you know what they did??
They marked them down to $.59 per pound, originally $1.49 per pound!

Do you know what I did??
That's right, I got in my truck and drove straight to Save-A-Lot. I grabbed 7 packages of chicken legs, all marked at $.59 per pound, making each package around $1.06 a pack!! Each pack had 5 legs in it. That's 35 chicken legs--in my freezer!! What an awesome deal!

I told my husband instead of inviting friends over for hot wings, we could invite them over for hot legs. He said that I might want to think of a better way to word that. :-)

Have a great week!!
Tara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! Hot legs! Yes, you need a better way to word that, but that is truly an awesome deal! When am I invited for supper? HAHA- Amy