Sunday, September 21, 2008

Response from Winn-Dixie

Below is the e-mail response that I received from Winn-Dixie. I am sad about this, seriously. You may think that is silly, but I can't even look at their ad the same.

We had to go in Winn-Dixie Friday night on our way to the hunting club. My daughter loves those white powder sugar donuts. We were already planning to buy them, but then we saw that they were BOGO. We did not NEED 2 bags of donuts so I thought I would just see if I could buy only one. NOPE, not a chance! I had to buy both, or like the Winn-Dixie reply below states, I could buy one but then I'm still basically leaving money on the table. So we ended up with 2 bags of donuts (and 2 boxes of Fruit Roll-Ups), just what we needed. I just hope that my local Publix continues to let you purchase one item when they are BOGO.


"Dear Mrs. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. When purchasing BuyOne Get One Free items you have the option of purchasing on item if you would like but you will not receive the item at half price. To get the best benefit of the Buy One GetOne Free its best to go ahead and get both items because the price will be the same.Have a wonderful day and thank you for shopping at Winn-Dixie.

Winn-Dixie Customer Service Department
1-866-946-6349"

Questions or comments? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Blessings,
Tara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am very disappointed by the response as well. Maybe it is because of our work background...we expect above and beyond! LOL!

Tara said...

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I understand policies, but if you read the post before that, the customer service clerk told me I had to buy both. However, when I asked if it had always been that way he said it depended on the item. Go figure?? AND- the response from Winn-Dixie doesn't even address the fact that the clerk told me two different things. UGH! I am on a mission to find the best way to make their BOGO deals work for all of us. Thanks for the comment!