Friday, September 19, 2008

UPDATE on Working BOGO's to Your Advantage

Some things are always changing. . .

In my previous post about Buy One Get One Frees I told you that at my local Winn-Dixie and Publix if an item is Buy One Get One Free you can buy just ONE of the item and it would ring up 1/2 price.

That does work at my local Publix; however, my friend Crystal did inform me that in Florida you have to buy both items. Also, my friend Misty told me that when she went to our local Winn-Dixie she had to buy both items to get the deal.

Knowing that I have bought only one of an item and received it for 1/2 price, I told her I would make some calls today to see what I could find out. I called 2 different stores and received 2 different answers. One Customer Service Clerk told me that you HAVE to buy both items. The other clerk at the other store(where I KNOW I have bought only one if an item) told me that you HAVE to buy both items. BUT then I asked, "Has it always been that way?" He said, "Well, it just depends on which item it is."

Obviously, I was a little confused after those conversations. Seroiusly, how is a girl supposed to make her tedious list with all her coupons BEFORE going to the store if I don't know how much I will have to pay for an item??

So what am I going to do? For starters, I went to the Winn-Dixie corporate site, clicked on that amazing little button entitled, CONTACT US, and politely asked them exactly what I am supposed to do!

When they let me know, I will let you know. Until then, please check with your local store to see how they handle Buy One Get One Free items.

(Both stores did tell me that if an item is 2 for $5, you can purchase just one item for $2.50.)

Blessings and sorry for any confusion,
Tara

No comments: