Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rain or Shine...RAIN CHECKS are a Friend of Mine

As I was getting bread today at Publix, I asked the Produce Clerk, “Do you remember when this same bread was .85?” He did. Well, at $1.79 a loaf (Publix brand) I made my way to the check-out just happy that I could buy bread.

The cashier was swapping shifts with another cashier. While I was waiting, I ran and grabbed a sales ad. Of course, I had already viewed the ad online but I wanted to “look” at the ad-so glad I did! Another Publix brand was on sale for .89! That’s a .90 difference or I could get 2 loaves for the same price I was about to pay for 1 loaf. BUT they didn’t have that particular brand, the warehouse was out.

The Customer Service Clerk issued me a rain check for the bread. You know what I like so much about that? She asked me how many I wanted. I only asked for 1, but just knowing I could get 2, 3, 4…10 made me feel all good inside!!

Seriously, rain checks should be your friend, too. It’s like leaving money on the table. My example with the Publix brand bread is great, but what if this were a major brand that was on sale, like Sunbeam? You just might stumble upon a coupon for Sunbeam bread before you redeem your rain check that you didn’t have when you were originally going to buy the bread. Then you could use it and your rain check to save even more money!

Got a good rain check story? I’d love to hear, just leave me a comment. Don't have a Google account to leave a comment? It only takes a few seconds and it's FREE.

Blessings,
Tara

No comments: